a meme, n, (mem): is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog, like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs.
This week, the challenge is "10 Memories from Your School Years".
1. I remember always wanting to fit in. Be like everyone else. I’m still sort of that way.
2. Trying out for cheerleading in 7th grade and 8th grade and not making it. I realized it was because the older girls chose the new cheerleaders and nobody knew me. I really wanted to be a cheerleader then. Eventually, I became a high school cheerleader and had a blast.
3. In junior high, us girls had slumber parties almost every other weekend. we’d stay up most of the night and have seances and "lift" each other by placing two fingers under a girl laying on the ground. II didn’t believe any of it, but it was alot of fun!
4. I remember a day in 6th grade when I went to the David Cassidy concert. I could not eat lunch. I still can feel and smell that lunch room that day, and looking out the windows, waiting to go!
5. I remember being the new kid in 4th grade and again in 9th grade. It was hard. I think I was a quiet kid and it took a while to make friends. But I made a great friend, Laura, in 4th grade.
6. I could never pass the Presidential Physical Fitness Test.
7. In 4th or 5th grade, we played "horses" at recess. We all acted like horses and ran around.
8. Oh, in 10th grade, I was in the play "Oklahome" and my crush, Jerry Wiedemeier, was my dance partner. Heaven!
9. I was editor of my high school newspaper my senior year and our "office" was a broom closet under the stairs. I went in there whenever I had free time. We typed the news on a TYPEWRITER back then!
This is a picture of me and my brother, Pete, on the first day of school…probably back in like 1977. My uniform is a plaid skirt and a green vest.
Okay, Ruth, I’m TAGGING YOU!!!